Subject: Re: Any One have a explosion scene ?
From: "Paul Davies" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 94 09:38:50 EDT

I can't remember who first wrote this regarding explosion creation:
> > 
> > First get a copy of "Particle gen" by Mark S. Drummond. 

You may also wish to try Power Macros. Not only does it have a macro for doing 
nice explosions complete with bounces but perhaps more importantly it has a 
macro which will break your object up, using Boolean operations, into seperate 
little pieces to be exploded! You can even set a new surface for the interior 
faces created during the operation. The shatter macro will then create a scene 
including all of the pieces in their appropriate positions.
Depending on the level of realism you desire this may be your best choice. 
Though there are no provisions for other explosion related effects - fire, 
smoke, etc - the results are stunning.

Happy exploding,
paul

Paul Davies
Artist/Animator
CapDisc
[email-masked]  or  uunet!capitol!davies